question from a friend...modem

iqs 16:24 11 Feb 06

Hi all...My friend's internal modem has failed.His OS is 2000 pro.He has an modem from an old pc,but he can not locate the driver.Will this old modem card work using the current driver installed.Or must he buy a new modem.If yes is the driver included?.Many thanks.IQS

Diodorus Siculus 16:36 11 Feb 06

Win2k may pick up the modem but if your friend knows the modem details, there will be drivers available on the net. Can you post some details here?

Widows Son 16:38 11 Feb 06

It may well work under generic 56k modem drivers - if it doesn't and you can't find driver online the easy solution is just buy a new one - I've just checked ebay Item number: 6845489644 £7.99 delivered with Win 2000 drivers (finishes soon but there are loads like it)

Widows Son 16:40 11 Feb 06

to get broadband!

spuds 16:58 11 Feb 06

If the old modem or drivers have gone kaput,then new modem with driver=PCW about £9.00.

iqs 17:13 11 Feb 06

Hi Diodorus Siculus...I have the modem in front of me ,but I can not find any usufull info on the card.The PC it came from will not work.

Hi Widows Son...Im hoping the pre-installed generic driver will be ok to operate the new modem.If not,he is aware that he might have to purchase a new modem : ( And at £7.99,what a bargain.....
Hi spuds....Might pop up PCW tomorrow ad have a nose.
Many thanks to you all for your help.IQS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple