Question on free PCA magazine cover disc software

mooly 07:58 21 Aug 09

When software is offered as a full version and you register to get a validation key, will that same key work "indefinitely" if say you should wish to reinstall that software in 6 months time etc.

Simsy 08:44 21 Aug 09

The answer is usually, "Yes".

There may be exceptions, depending on how the registration key is generated; It might be equipment, or time, specific.

Having said that, the only examples of this I have is with Serif software. I've kept the registration codes, in order to re-register, (note not re-install), and they usually don't work and you have to phone for another one. It's never a problem though.

Regards,

Simsy

Proclaimer 09:28 21 Aug 09

don't phone, do it online
click here

Belatucadrus 11:09 21 Aug 09

Good link Proclaimer, most of the Serif staff can take a hint when you decline to buy the upgrade, but some of them don't listen and can be a tad irritating. I know they're just doing their jobs but when you bug people to the point they want to slam the phone down it's counterproductive.

mooly 11:46 21 Aug 09

Thanks for the info... I was asking because following a clean Vista install I have lost all the "bundled" software and am looking to replace some it with freeware.
So am trying the Ashampoo burning studio 2009.

Simsy 12:29 21 Aug 09

certainly work with that... I've done it myself.

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 12:31 21 Aug 09

nice link Proclaimer... Though I've never had an issue with the Serif folk myself.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac