Question for FE about password managers

exdragon 12:23 03 Sep 12

FE - In an earlier post about password managers, you said this:

**Speaking purely personally, I would never, ever use any form of software to save my passwords. There are other, more secure ways to manage them.**

What would you suggest, please? You must have many more passwords/logins/user IDs/security numbers/user names than I do! Websites seem to differ vastly in the details they want.

iscanut2 12:41 03 Sep 12

I save mine in a spreadsheet on a USB memory stick which I plug in when I need to use the info.

wiz-king 12:59 03 Sep 12

I have a 'little black book' at home for logins & passwords - and no it's not kept on/by the computer. I also have a book at work for the multitudinous passwords I have there.

I stopped keeping them on a spreadsheet when I had a disk failure and lost the spreadsheet (and everything else).

lotvic 13:04 03 Sep 12

I also have a 'little black book' tucked away. I find that a lot quicker to use and update than anything on a pc, also if I have a HD failure there is no problem trying to get access to them. I did once think of putting all details on a spreadsheet and printing it out but never got round to doing it.

rdave13 13:39 03 Sep 12

Why is it all our little books are black? :)

lotvic 14:46 03 Sep 12

:) mine is black with Star Trek on it. A phone number book index A, B, C etc that I got as a present in the snowy month many moons ago. It seemed rather apt to use it for data to access Cyberspace... ;-)

rdave13 14:51 03 Sep 12

Lol. Mine is a small address book with a 2004 calendar in it. This reminds me to "update" it as the ball-point ink is beginning to fade on the earlier entries. Sometimes the pen is mightier than the spreadsheet......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…