Question for the Excel gurus

fitshase 10:26 30 Jul 04

I was wondering if it was possible to rotate the text on a toggle button in Excel.

I want to make the button tall and thin but I cannot seem to find any way to rotate the text on the button.

Does anyone know how to?

Cheers

Fitshase

cherria 11:14 30 Jul 04

I don't think there is any way of rotating the text, but you could create a picture with the rotated text and add this picture to the toggle button (picture property)

In XP a right-click on the button gives you an option to format control.

Select this and then select alignment from the tabs across the top and you can change the text orientation there.

HTH, not sure about earlier versions

DAGO49 18:01 31 Jul 04

Right click on the cell then select 'Format Cell'

then 'Alignment' you willl find a dial on the right that you drag to whatever angle you want your text to be, hope this helps.

dago49

cherria 10:09 02 Aug 04

Whisperer

I'm using Excel 2002 (which I think is newer than XP) when I right click and select format control over a toggle button, there is no alignment tab. Are you sure?

If you right click on a cell and format cell, there is an alignment tab, but not on a button control.

I still think the only way to do it is using a picture.

fitshase 11:53 02 Aug 04

cheers for all of the help and advice. I have gone down the route of the picture (thanks cherria).

Regards

Fitshase

Hi, just been going through my old posts and found this.

I misread the question and translated the word 'toggle' to 'command' button.

To remove any doubt in other peoples mind, you can not 'rotate' the text on a toggle button other than by using a picture of rotated text in the attributes for the button as you stated.

However, the command button from the forms toolbar can have rotated text.

P.S. 2002 is XP

best wishes

Gordon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…