A question on excel

hatrickj 17:40 20 May 04

I want to format a ce;; in a special way providing a particular criterion is met. For example, if I wish to change the colour of cell B5 and make the cell bold when cell A%is greater than A4 is there a way to do what I want?

hatrickj 17:41 20 May 04

for ce;; please read cell

hatrickj 17:42 20 May 04

I want to format a cell in a special way providing a particular criterion is met. For example, if I wish to change the colour of cell B5 and make the cell bold when cell A5is greater than A4 is there a way to do what I want?

The Regster 18:39 20 May 04

This should be easily achievale using Conditional Formatting in the Format Menu:

Select Cell B5, go to Format menu and select 'Conditional Formatting'.

Select the drop down box in Condition 1 and select the 'Formula Is' option.

Then in the Formula box that appears type the formula that you want to use.

From you example you would type:

=A5>A4

Click on the square button on the left hand side and you should return to the Condition 1 box.

Now you have set up the condition, all you need to do is select the format of the cell if A5 is greater than A4 - in your example it would be Bold font. Then select the 'Patterns' tab to choose the colour the cell will change to (red for example).

You can apply this to a number of cells, but you will need to highlight them first and repeat this process.

From your eg, I suspect it might be easier if the values in A4 and A5 were in the same row as the condition in B5 i.e. all your cells are in row 5.

That should do it.

hatrickj 20:02 22 May 04

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…