A Question For Diodorus Siculus about AUDACITY :)

I'm having fun recording radio plays to my iPod as you described to me. However I have one query, yesterday when recording I noticed that it said that I had 442 hours of recording time left. Today it says that I have 203 hours & 48 minutes of recording left. What does this mean? I wondered if it were a trial piece of software but obviously 200+ hours haven't passed since yesterday!

Diodorus Siculus 18:04 11 Mar 05

I "think" it is about the amount of free space left on the disk onto which the recording is being downloaded.

If you use a mb per min and have 100 mb, then you will have 100 minutes left. That's how I've read it at least.

By the way, I am not here always - just happened to log on after getting in! And going out again in 5 mins, so be quick with the next one!

By Disk do you mean my hard drive?? I'm confused?

mattyc_92 18:07 11 Mar 05

OR it could mean that you are able to record a certain amount before the "trial" feture kicks in...

I don't think that you have recorded 200 hours, so I'm with what Diodorus Siculus has said...

P.S. was going to keep bumping the question !

Diodorus Siculus 18:08 11 Mar 05

Yes, if you are recording to hard disk.

Oh, and Audacity is not a trial - freeware, opensource, I think.

mattyc_92 18:09 11 Mar 05

I believe that Diodorus Siculus is refering to the space left on your Hard-disk/partition....

I have 160GB hard drive so how have I only got 200 odd minutes left?

mattyc_92 18:16 11 Mar 05

You have said that you have 203 hours and 48 minutes, is that what you mean??

Diodorus Siculus 18:24 11 Mar 05

There is a maximum file size possible on Fat32. What is your file system?

click here

seems to bear out what I said.

Diodorus Siculus 18:25 11 Mar 05

And 203 hours is a lot of hard disk space!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…