question on dell printer ink

rosie12 11:12 03 Feb 06

Hi, I am about to buy a dell computer and they are "giving away" a free printer, on one of my computers I use an epson and can get cheap ink for it,(cant think of the name of it but you know the sort of thing I mean) can you get cheap substitute ink for a dell?

Sibbo 11:15 03 Feb 06

I think the printers supplied by Dell are actually manufactured by Lexmark.

Wak 11:55 03 Feb 06

And Jet-Tec ink kits are suitable for Lexmark as well as many other makes of printers.

spuds 12:28 03 Feb 06

The above is correct. Dell printers are usually re-badged Lexmark, but they have a slight modification on the print cartridges.This usually consists of a plastic lip, which prevents Lexmark and Dell cartridges being interchangeable, unless you know how.

I refill all my own Lexmark cartridges, as they are so expensive to purchase new.Lexmark compatibles of certain types, can be difficult to find for some models. Each refill costs about 60pence if you use the readily available InkTec or JR refill kits. If you intend to refill your own,remember the golden rule,do not let the empty cartridges stand empty to long, as this may make them unusable. Refill straight away.

For Lexmark or Dell compatibles at a reasonable price click here

Totally-braindead 12:37 03 Feb 06

If your Epson is a reasonable one I'd stick with that as it'll be cheaper to run.

Belatucadrus 13:04 03 Feb 06

IJT do Dell compatibles click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…