Question for Blueyonder users

AlanHo 11:48 03 Apr 04

Blueyonder recently introduced spam filtering and virus checks on incoming Emails.

I have had several notifications from them that they have intercepted and deleted Emails addressed to me that have had viruses - which is good.

However, the daily flood of up to 150 spam Emails I receive has continued unabated which gives the impression that their spam filtering is not up to scratch. Is this the experience of other users.

Mailwasher continues to do a splendid job for me - especially in conjunction with a programme called In-Boxer - but I would much prefer the garbage to be intercepted by the ISP.

I know that I can possibly overcome the spam problem by changing my Email address etc - but in my case this is not a practical option for business reasons.

VoG II 11:54 03 Apr 04

Well, I never did get much spam in my Blueyonder mail - maybe one or two a week. Recently I've had *none* and one Netsky-containing mail stopped.

fuzzyone 11:54 03 Apr 04

AlanHo,

Been with blueyonder for nearly 5 years now, over 3 of which have been broadband.

In the early days i was overcame with spam and, at one time, was receiving more than 120 a day.

I now receive about 8-12 per day, most of which i am awaiting, and any others have been wiped out by the filter setting in mailwasher.

silliw 15:36 03 Apr 04

I use all 5 of my Blueyonder mailboxes nad strangely one of them gets a continuos flow of virus messages from Blueyonder. About half of them are alleged messages that I have sent that contain viruses and the other half are messages to me that contain viruses and have been blocked. My other 4 mailboxes are business as usual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…