Question on Acronic True Image

Doire_Bhoy 13:56 08 May 06

When i create an "image" of my hard drive using Acronis....what exactly am i copying?

If on the other hand i copy "All Files2 what exactly is copied.

Is the OS included in either of these options?

Diodorus Siculus 14:00 08 May 06

An image is an exact replica of the state of the partition being worked on - so if you create an image of C drive, it will make a copy of it exactly as it is at the moment you create it.

I don't know what the copy "all files" option is as I don't use TI.

Doire_Bhoy 14:02 08 May 06

Will the image have the OS on it too?

mattyc_92 14:08 08 May 06

Yes... It will

Just use the "Emergency Boot Disc" to restore the image (if you can't get into Windows)

Diodorus Siculus 14:08 08 May 06

Yes, if you make an image of the disk that has the OS on it. It will be an exact copy.

anskyber 14:09 08 May 06

Yes. This from FAQ on "How does Acronis True Image 9.0 Home work?
With the introduction of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, consumers are provided with two backup products in one.

Our original disk imaging backup option which enables you to create an image of your entire hard disk drive, including the operating system, applications, user settings, and all data. Use the image to restore your PC to a known working state without any reinstallation.
A new file-based backup option which enables you to backup and restore individual files and folders, like your My Documents folder or a specific file, like your latest tax return. A wizard walks you through all of the steps."

Doire_Bhoy 14:16 08 May 06

Thnaks for the replies guys.

So if i have a pc with XP on it and i want to put an image of a different pc onto do i go about this??

Do i jsut boot up the pc....go to Acronis and then install the image onto to it???...what happens the original OS already on the pc?

Diodorus Siculus 14:20 08 May 06

That's not a great idea unless both machines have the exact same hardware; if not, then you will need to boot with the XP CD and do a repair install.

anskyber 14:20 08 May 06

Er.. I think you may hit problems since it is meant to be an image of the PC you are using with all settings and of course the various characteristics of the installed hardware. You see the problem? If you are just "storing" the image then that may be a different point.

anskyber 14:21 08 May 06

Sorry, not intending to tread on your toes!

Doire_Bhoy 14:28 08 May 06

Problem is...i have one pc with XP on it and i want to put the exact same software and saved files on another pc which has XP on it...

How then can i go about this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…