question about wireless internet

wky 15:48 28 Oct 05

hey all, I've got wireless access on my laptop and at home I have a wired linksys router which is connected to two pcs. I was wondering, if I wanted to get wireless internet would I only have to buy a wireless access point and plug it into the router? Or do I have to buy a wireless router. Im confused. thanks for any advice.

Stowit 15:57 28 Oct 05

Someone will know better, but, I believe a wireless 'card' in one of the Pcs will allow you to network with it, then share the internet connection. I have a modem router, so each computer acceses it, I dont need more than one pc on a time.

wky 15:59 28 Oct 05

well no other pcs have wireless cards. I think they also need to be switched on. but thanks anyway.

mgmcc 17:43 28 Oct 05

<<< if I wanted to get wireless internet would I only have to buy a wireless access point and plug it into the router? >>>

Yes!

<<< well no other pcs have wireless cards. I think they also need to be switched on >>>

The "wireless" laptop will have independent internet access via the router using its wireless connection. It is NOT dependent on either of the other two PCs having to be running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…