A question about Windows Media Player

Antonio Machado 05:04 29 Mar 09

Hello experts !

Sometimes when I am watching a video in Windows Media Player, I can forward the video making click on the bar at the buttom of the screen and dragging it a bit to the right. Same I can reward the video to watch some scene again. But sometimes I just can not do it because whenever I drag it to the front (forward) or to the back (reward) nothing happens.

Any idea why is that ? and most importantly how can I make it work ?

Thanks in advance, best,

Antonio Machado.

howard64 09:22 29 Mar 09

I think it depends on the server with the video on it. Some give you almost full control others very little.

Antonio Machado 13:32 29 Mar 09

Hello Howard64:

Thank you for making time to answer my question. I understand what you say, but the enigma is that the same video, in the same P.C., sometimes works fine in the "forward" and "reward" function and sometimes it does not work. Any other suggestion?

Thanks again, best, Antonio Machado.

howard64 16:42 29 Mar 09

it could be a memory problem - does it work ok when you first switch on but not after you have been on a long time? This would indicate a process is hogging the memory. Some progs even though turned off do not release the ram that they had been using. You can look at the processes by right clicking on the bottom task bar and clicking on task manager. The second tab marked processes shows the amount of ram being used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017