Question about upgrading graphic Card Drivers

Phoenix40 01:17 29 Mar 14

Hello i have a Packard Bell Desktop computer that uses wins Vista. I have a Nvidia 8400GS graphic card. What i want to know is that the Nvidia controller automatically tells me when there are new drivers available to be installed every so often. But when i click on the update button to find out if i need to update my drivers the computer tells me the older drivers that were installed sometime ago are up to date. What i want to know should i leave the drivers as they are or is it alright to install any latest drivers for my graphic card? Im not sure if some of my software especially some games might need up to date drivers, how can i tell? Hope someone can give advice on this?Thank you.

Ian in Northampton 08:37 29 Mar 14

I'd endorse MechKB's advice. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a saying that may have been specifically invented for updating drivers. Wait till something breaks - i.e. you can't do something you want/need to do - before considering updating drivers. There's no better way of destabilising a system than by updating drivers for no good reason.

Phoenix40 21:17 29 Mar 14

Hello thanks a lot for your advice and i will keep to the computer's recommended drivers and the same with my laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac