Question about sharing a network

lothlann 20:45 11 Jun 10

Hi,

In my household we have several playstation 3s which are used for online gaming as well as PCs that are used for this too.

However when other people are using the internet, the gaming systems, obviously, lag.

Is there any way to, for example, 'allocate' a bandwidth limit on to certain MAC addresses to better suit my needs? It seems illogical that people just browsing the internet should be able to seriously affect the demands of the game.

I cannot think of a solution myself so I am turning to the experts. I have had lots of help here before and am hoping someone can resolve my issue.

Thanks in advance

Ashrich 23:43 11 Jun 10

I suggest having a go at adjusting the QOS ( Quality of Service ) settings in your router either via MAC address , program or port to get the best connections based on needs . What router are you using ?

Ashley

lothlann 18:25 20 Jun 10

Thanks,

Im getting a new router tomorrow, I will check out what settings are there and if I cant find anything I will let you guys know in this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…