Question about "Reference points" en Windows XP...

Antonio Machado 01:14 14 May 09

Hola experts !

I would like to set up my Windows XP Professional so to keep just two or three "Reference Points" instead of having too many "Reference Points" saved ? I would like to do it in order to have the least RAM dedicated to this. Thanks in advance, best, Antonio.

Taff™ 07:20 14 May 09

When you say "Reference Points" do you mean System Restore Points? If so download the latest version of Ccleaner click here and install it. You will find all the restore points under the Tools option - be careful, they need to be put in the correct date order first.

Graphicool1 13:30 14 May 09

Start>Run Type...

Cleanmgr

Press 'Enter' on the keyboard.
Select the drive where Windows is installed, usually C:\
Click 'Ok'
Click the 'More Options' tab
Under the heading 'System Restore' Click the 'Clean Up' button
Click 'Ok'

exodus 20:22 14 May 09

As restore points are saved on the hard drive, it has no bearing on the RAM.

The number of restore points is related to the amount of hard drive space that is reserved for restore points. If you reduce that amount of space to the minimum, then XP reduces the number of restore points saved.

Antonio Machado 15:09 15 May 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…