Question about project seven dreamweaver templates

erkmatrix 09:21 07 Jun 08

Hi I'm struggling to learn Dreamweaver how to get over that first hurdle of creating a search engine clean coded site from scratch, all the books I've read just seem to flit from one subject to another with out any structure of building a site from scratch or just the homepage.

So I'm considering buing a template off a company called Project Seven. But a little unsure if its the right thing to do, with templates do you get to customize it the way you want and then own your altered version or do you still have to pay the template comany year after year to like rent the template. I've seen some template sites charging like 2200 dollars to buy the template out right unique, but that's too expensive for me, I might as well get a web design company to design me something you I have to pay over a £1000 and I want to be able to update it myself not the template company.

Anyway any advice would be appreciated.

mco 20:19 07 Jun 08

I have used Dreamweaver and it is a steep learning curve - however; if you want a template that you can freely adapt you do not have to pay a penny - there are many open source ones - do a google search for open source/free templates.

slightlymad 22:48 07 Jun 08

Project VII templates are gorgeous, and although they're a tad on the pricey side, you get what you pay for in exemplary coding and clear, detailed instructions. But it would help if you were familiar with CSS if you want to make any changes. (Having said that, if you get stuck, you know where to come!)

And yes, the templates are all yours and you can do anything you wish with them and use them as many times as you like.

Adapting templates is a great way to learn coding, and P7's are some of the best on the web so go ahead.

erkmatrix 17:21 09 Jun 08

Hi and thanks for the replies, it sounds good then and anyway its worth a shot, especially as they come with instructions too which is good. I totally agree it will just get me started in creating the first few steps of a website and I can see the correct code on how to set things out and what does what. I think I'll buy CSS the missing manual too then to learn more of what all this CSS is as been told its great when you get used to working with it and saves time.

Thanks again I'll go and buy by template now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…