question about pictures on digital photo frames??

GEEKSTA 15:16 21 Jun 08

Say i buy a digital photo frame which says it has a screen resolution of 640x480 pixels.

So what will happen if i put a picture on it which had a resolution of 1800x2350 pixels??

And what will happen if i put a picture of a resolution of 547x430 pixels.????

Can you describe what the picutre size will be like, like smaller of bigger, or will the picture be cut of or something..

Thanks

Spark6 16:08 21 Jun 08

Does this help? jonlean.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/framesizehelp

johndrew 16:08 21 Jun 08

Most digital photo frames have a menu that provides the ability for limited set up. When you display a photo, it is much the same as your PC - the higher the definition the clearer it will be.

However, beware that some displays will stretch photos to wide screen and not provide the ability to show them any other way.

Spark6 16:13 21 Jun 08
  johndrew 16:14 21 Jun 08

I shall try this as my frame only shows in wide. Better link click here

Spark6 16:16 21 Jun 08

Snap!

Pamy 16:18 21 Jun 08

Why not find out what card the frame(s) you are interested in use, then take some pictures at the reselution(s) that you want and then transfere them to the card(s), then take the card(s) with you and test out the frame(s) in the shop?

johndrew 10:21 22 Jun 08

I tried the tool in your link but it basically only crops the photos leaving the frame to stretch them to `wide` mode. Obviously this leaves all subjects shorter and wider than the original photo. I suppose that what is necessary is a tool to stretch the image vertically prior to cropping - that way it should look correctly proportioned.

jack 12:15 22 Jun 08

Solution.

Think along these lines.
If you already have media cards for a camera say- it makes sense to get a frame that accepts the same format or a multiple slot device.

As already advised load a card with a selection of images of various sizes .
To do this download irfanview- and then select the image[s]- go to Image- select resize/resample and resize the images to suit .
In each case use the 'Save as' function and direct the images to a specially made folder for photo frame images.
You now have the original image[ safe and snug] and a copy specially sized for your frame.

Then Go for it.

GEEKSTA 15:57 22 Jun 08

okk.. but my question still hasnt been answered?

So what will happen if i put a picture on it which had a resolution of 1800x2350 pixels??

And what will happen if i put a picture of a resolution of 547x430 pixels.????

Can you describe what the picutre size will be like, like smaller of bigger, or will the picture be cut of or something..

???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:06 22 Jun 08

The frame will always show at the frames default resolution.

i.e. shrink or expand to fit the screen thus altering the quality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…