Question about Photo Impact 11...

ade.h 14:57 09 Mar 06

I'm trying to find a way - if it's do-able - to make a wide image from three photos next to each other, with a fade effect over the region where each photo meets the other. Hope my description makes sense.

Any thoughts folks? Thanks in advance.

pj123 15:11 09 Mar 06

I think you mean Panoramic Stitching.

I don't know if there are any free prgrams to do this but I use Ulead Cool 360 and it does the job admirably.

click here

Free to try, $40 to buy.

Simsy 15:13 09 Mar 06

what you would do is;

Open the images

On one of the menus, (I think "Edit"), you select "Stitch"

You then choose whether to have them join vertically or horizontally, and you can very the transparency of the join.

You might have to join 2 to make one new image, then join the third to that.

Sorry it's a bit vague... It's a while since I've done it, and I don't have it on my home PC now.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Simsy

hssutton 15:21 09 Mar 06

Try the early version of Panorama factory v1.6, it's still available as freeware.

click here

ade.h 16:23 09 Mar 06

PJ - No, I don't actually want a panorama. I have played around with Cool 360, but it doesn't do what I want.

It is difficult to describe accurately what I'm visualising, but it will be used for a website banner, about 850 x 130 pixels.

Simsy - your description sounds likely. I'll let you know how it works out.

hssutton - if it can't be done in PI 11, I won't worry too much about it. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

ade.h 16:34 09 Mar 06

Well Simsy's suggestion of stitching is sort of half way there, but doesn't have the desired effect. You can see a clearly defined section of overlap, rather than one image fading into the other.

I don't want to try any other software. I'll play around with a few other techniques and see what comes up.

Thanks again all. Will leave this open for a little while longer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017