a question about Paypal ?

Magik ®© 12:12 21 Jul 05

hi, if i sign up to a paypal account, is it the same as paying by credit card, just read the FAQ's on the paypal site, and it is on about money to keep the account open, or have i read it wrong? ......so do you have to give them some money to hold for you, or do you just give the credit card number, and that is all....thanks

Technotiger 12:17 21 Jul 05

Hi, I too tried to register and use Paypal - what a mess. I gave up and will not be attempting the same again. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Cheers.

Magik ®© 12:19 21 Jul 05

thanks,that sounds like a good start... :-(

Magik ®© 12:23 21 Jul 05

oh dear...just found this..

click here

Technotiger 12:30 21 Jul 05

Thanks for that link - I had not seen that. At least my own first conclusions were correct!!

Cheers.

Al94 12:38 21 Jul 05

Have been using PayPal for three years now, made many purchases and sales, never had any problem whatsoever. On one occasion when a purchase went wrong, got a refund from PayPal les a small admin fee which I was happy enough about. There are always scaremongerers - read the instructions and conditions, not the same as paying by credit card as you don't have the same protection from the credit card companies.

jbaker65 12:44 21 Jul 05

I have used paypal to buy and sell items for about 2-3 years and have never had any problems. When I wanted to draw cash from sold items this was payed into my bank account in about 4-5 days. This is no worse than having a cheque cleared. There may have been problems for some people but that has not been my experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…