Question about MS Access?

oo7juk 10:11 27 Feb 06

Hi,

My previous boss used Access quite a lot and I also updated these databases. In Excel you can create a copy of workbook rename and use again with different dates etc. Can you do this with Access? I never set anything up with Access just updated it.

Many thanks.

Rand Al Thor 11:16 27 Feb 06

Sure, you can create a copy of the DB, if that is what you want. Perhaps you can be a bit more specific on what you want to do?

oo7juk 11:57 27 Feb 06

Thanks,

My boss has left his post and he was the only person that used and had a knowledge of the software. Now that he has left its been left to me to try and keep things running until post has been filled. the database's are set up for the financial years. I would like to know how to set them up for FY 06/07. Is it easier to copy them or just as easy to set up a new one. Many thanks.

Rand Al Thor 12:48 27 Feb 06

As you are only interested in the DATA you can import the tables into a new DB You can either import the tables as they stand or create a query to filter the dates required, providing of course, that there is a date field to filter on?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…