question about Mozzilla Thunder bird

bumpkin 19:42 03 May 14
Answered

I use Thunderbird for Email, I have had problems with it in the past with the "sent" box just not appearing so I don't know if mail sent or not. In the left of the screen where my name etc should be it appears twice. I would like to know how to just have my name there once and for the sent items to be shown. Tried reinstalling but still the same.

Batch 10:22 04 May 14

Can you clarify please?

When you say "In the left of the screen where my name etc should be it appears twice" do you mean your name appears twice or the sent folder appears twice?

BTW, I'm guessing that you've moved from something like Outlook Express which has a very constrained way of presenting things. Thunderbird can be tailored extensively, which may be the cause of (and solution to) your issues.

bumpkin 11:48 04 May 14

Thanks Batch, on the left it shows my email address, under it is "Inbox", under that is my email address again and then "inbox" and "outbox" there is no "sent box" anymore.

bumpkin 11:50 04 May 14

Thanks Batch, on the left it shows my email address, under it is "Inbox", under that is my email address again and then "inbox" and "outbox" there is no "sent box" anymore.

Batch 14:45 04 May 14

OK, not entirely sure what you are seeing, but one step at a time...

Try going to the View menu and selecting Folders. You should get a submenu that gives you a choice of All, Unified, Unread, Favorite and Recent. You can readily switch between these without risk (they are just different ways of viewing the folders). In particular, try the All and the Unified views and see whether that helps at all and then report back.

bumpkin 19:00 04 May 14

All folders only gives me "Trash" and "Outbox"

lotvic 19:39 04 May 14

I'm also just learning this, it seems you have to set up the Sent folder by specifying where it will store? I have got as far as: Click on Tools and then click on Account Settings. Click on Copies & Folders on the left hand menu.

I found this guide click here

lotvic 19:43 04 May 14

Have now found the official guide on Mozilla support but will have to study it later as just got called away. I'll be back to thread later.

QuizMan 21:06 04 May 14

Maybe if you right click on your e-mail address and choose settings. There should be "Copies and Folders" on the left hand pane of the resulting pop up box. Click on it. Make sure that the check box in the right hand pane "Place a copy in:" is ticked with the radio button "Sent Folder on" selected along with your e-mail address chosen from the drop down list.

bumpkin 21:13 04 May 14

Thanks lotvic, tried that to no avail. The sent folder used to show but now gone, in your link " Then mouse over your ECE Account which should bring up a list of your ECE folders. Click on Sent." totally lost as to what that means.

lotvic 21:39 04 May 14

bumpkin, I think it relates to what QuizMan said at 9:06PM

so that I don't cause confusion - it's your thread - is your email account and it's folders, imported from Outlook Express or have you set it up from scratch in Thunderbird?

Please bear in mind I don't know what I am doing (yet) ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant