Question About Layers

Ade_1 19:16 26 Jul 06

I was wondering if using layers in Dreamweaver to insert my text would be an ok idea or if it wouldnt work very well. The reason i ask is because when i type the image which is in the cell next to it moves down when the text moves further down the page.

Thanks in advance
Aidan

ade.h 19:20 26 Jul 06

Hi Aidan. So you're currently using tables - I love tables, but they can suffer alignment issues when they get a bit complex with cells and rows all over the place. I have a few workarounds that I sometimes use, but they're more NOF-specific that general advice.

Layers can be a good and very flexible way of fixing the position of content, especially where it may need to overlap, but it lacks the ability to be dynamic because everything is absolutely fixed. No page cetnreing for example, unless CSS can do it.

ade.h 19:21 26 Jul 06

Centring, even.

Ade_1 19:35 26 Jul 06

Yes, i see exactly what your saying as I am still struggling to get to grips with CSS, despite reading up on it etc. However, I have been using hte CSS Styles in Dreamweaver for my Navigation bar etc however, as you say there are allignment problems again even with that. I am really going to have to try to get to grips with CSS! Just out of interest, are you still using tables or now moved onto CSS?

Thanks
Aidan

ade.h 19:54 26 Jul 06

I still use HMTL tables. Partly because they do pretty most of what I want and partly because NetObjects Fusion only supports CSS for text box styles.

You're lucky that you have DW, as you can probably go as far as CSS can take you.

Ade_1 20:00 26 Jul 06

Thanks for you help Ade :)

ade.h 20:01 26 Jul 06

No prob, Aidan!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…