Question about KIS 2009 & malwarebytes

exdragon 08:26 08 Jun 09

Morning - if I have KIS, which which includes Anti-Malware ptotection, do I need to run malwarebytes as well, please? Or will/should KIS pick up any nasties?

Taff™ 08:33 08 Jun 09

I presume you mean Kapersky Internet Security. In my opinion, whilst you shouldn`t run two antivirus or firewalls on the same computer, a couple of antimalware programs is a must. Malwarebytes is one option but I would recommend asquared instead. Of course you could use both if you want to - what one misses the other might find!

Andsome 08:40 08 Jun 09

I run Anti malware bytes and SUPERANTiSpware together with Nod 32 security suite.

birdface 08:43 08 Jun 09

I will go along with Taff A Squared is very good but I would also keep Malwarebytes.Those 2 with Kaspersky should be enough.And don't forget Spywareblaster as well.

exdragon 09:15 08 Jun 09

Thanks, chaps - I was getting mixed up with not using 2 antvirus and firewalls.

I'll have a look in Search to see if asquared is idiot proof - I'd rather use something which told me what I needed to get rid of, or had a reasonable default setting. I'm never very sure when such programmes ask me if I want to remove something which, to me at least, is completely unintelligible.

Taff™ 13:25 08 Jun 09

asquared is fairly "idiot proof" - I would recommend you quarantine all it suggests and then if something doesn`t work afterwards you can restore it from there.

exdragon 17:32 08 Jun 09

Thanks, Taff™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now