Question About Hooking a TV to My PC

Techtard 08:42 01 Mar 07

I am thinking of hooking up a big wall mounted LCD to my PC to watch DVDs and TV etc via the PC..as i still use my PC for everyday stuff i would like to retain and use my regular screen for surfing etc.. is it possible to have 2 screens hooked up at once ,a big one to be used for movies etc and the normal desktop monitor for regular computer useage??
I would appreciate any advice/knowledge on this

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:44 01 Mar 07

As long as your video card supports twin outputs or has a TV output then it will work.

Nvidia's dual-output video technology is called TwinView. It works with any multi-connector MX card, including ones like the V7100/T that only have an RGB and a TV output. If you stretch your desktop over the two screens, you can do work on the monitor while you play a DVD on the TV.

Techtard 10:50 01 Mar 07

Thanks for the reply..i have a Gainward Bliss 7800gs+..i believe its just about the punchiest AGP card out there...512NB with 24 pixel pipes.. it has a TV out..so if i hook up the TV to the TV out then it should just work or would i have to change the DVD player settings to get it to go via the TV instead of the smaller monitor?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:44 01 Mar 07

1. Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.

2. In the DisplayProperties dialog box, click the Settings tab.

3. Click the Display list and select your external monitor (TV).

4. Select the Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor option. Click Apply or OK

You should now beable to have different windows open on the two screens. Obviously open your DVD player on the TV screen.

Techtard 14:11 01 Mar 07

Thanks for that matte,much appreciated..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…