A question about a ethernet cable..

Magik ®© 09:39 11 Sep 04

hi, i have a adsl BT wireless router for two PC's, all works well, one of the PC's stays where it is, anyway....in the kit supplied was a ethernet cable, would i gain anything by plugging the cable in to the router and PC, so just one of them was wireless, or have i lost the plot about what the cable is for?....

thanks

Valvegrid 20:04 11 Sep 04

I notice nobody's answered you on what looks like a simple enquiry. I have been having a look at the BT shop site, I think this maybe the router you're looking at: click here

It does say in the blurb;

4 Ethernet ports to enable wired connections to PC's, games consoles and other Ethernet-enabled equipment

The cable is supplied to allow devices that are not capable of using the wireless network to be connected using the Ethernet cable. I can't see any reason why you shouldn't use the cable to connect the static computer if that's your want.

That's my take on it anyway.

Magik ®© 20:24 11 Sep 04

thanks for that, I was beginning to give up on an answer...my router is almost the same, the voyager2000...anyway thanks for the reply, I did not fancy plugging it in and finding the whole lot went down the kermit. so i will give it a try.

thanks again...........

Gaz 25 20:26 11 Sep 04

Ethernet for my network is much better, and I use wirless for inaccessable places or laptops.

If you dont mind an ethernet cable, use it. More reliable and faster speeds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…