Question about DVI Cable and Monitor

thestig 01:06 17 Mar 06

At the moment I have a 15inch LG Electronics TFT Monitor with a maximum resolution of 1024x768.

If I bought a new computer with the "256MB NVIDIA GeForce XFX 7900GT DDR3 Dual DVI graphics", can I still use, on the new computer, the cable I have at the moment to connect my TFT Monitor to my 3 year old computer.

Or, in using the existing monitor for the new computer, do I need to buy a new cable for the monitor? If so, could you recommend the type of cable?

goonerbill © ® 09:13 17 Mar 06

having looked at XFX website, have found out there are 5 different versions of the graphics card you mention click here

all 5 cards are PCI-E (different clock speeds on them), all have dual DVI connection so unless your monitor has DVI connectors you will need to get a DVI to VGA adaptor so you can use your present monitor with the new system.

anskyber 10:13 17 Mar 06

If its twin DVI then its up to what you have on your screen. Some have one analogue and one DVi. If not then a new converting cable will be required.

anskyber 10:15 17 Mar 06

More info click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…