Question about dvds

Is it correct that if you want to play DVDs on your home DVD player you have to use DVD Rs and not DVD rws, similar to having to use CD rs and not CD rws for audio CDs on home CD players.

temp003 07:39 08 Apr 04

It really depends on the home player itself, and what formats the manufacturer decided to support when it made the particular model.

You should check compatibility of the home player with DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW.

If you have a model in mind, you can check whether it's listed on this site click here

SirGalahad2004 09:29 08 Apr 04

DVD PLAYERS £40 FROM asda . IVE GOT 3 , THEY PLAY ANY DISC I PUT IN THEM . WELL WORTH A TRY

MidgetMan 09:30 08 Apr 04

I use dvd rw's all the time,I use dvd shrink to make a backup of the bought dvd, then use the copies for the kids etc as they can be a bit destructive!, only problem I have found is that pc worlds own brand are no good, best to use either imitain or packard bell. If the recording goes wrong or the kids get fed up of the film then I can re-use them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…