//some 3rd party need geo

A question about datakeeper !

STEVE71163 07:51 10 May 03

I bought partition magic a few weeks ago and with it got data keeper. My question is that i have made a partition with partition magic for datakeeper and it is all set up. If i had to reformat the c drive would i be able to re-install everything from datakeeper?

-pops- 08:17 10 May 03

Doubt it - that's why Powerquest also sell Drive Image and Drive Copy.

Datakeeper does just that - keeps your data for you but not your full system details click here

It's a very useful facility but not a replacement for a full system backup.

Brian

STEVE71163 08:56 10 May 03

Thanks for replying -pops-. So their is no point in letting it copy drive c ?

-pops- 09:33 10 May 03

I don't think it will copy everything on the drive - just your data.

I used the program a long time ago and thought it very good but it didn't copy everything so I still had to use Drive Image for my full backups. I stopped using Datakeeper as I was informed my version wasn't compatible with XP.

Best thing is to try it and see - whatever it is capable of now, I think you'll find it useful.

STEVE71163 14:35 10 May 03

Thanks for replying -pops- I just wondered if using datakeeper on a seperate partition would be good enough should i need to reformat c should i get a problem?

-pops- 15:04 10 May 03

I'm one for separate hard disks rather than partitions and to this end, I keep a full system backup and rolling data backups on a different disk to the main "active" one.

My philosophy is to keep anything resembling a backup well away from the program that it's a backup of - if you follow.

Brian

STEVE71163 19:52 10 May 03

Refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…