Question about centrino

geezer13 23:05 18 Apr 03

Tell me if I am talking poo but...

I am soon to be getting BT 512k on my computer, I am also toying with the idea of buying a centrino laptop to replace an old sony model. Can I and how do I create a wireless network in the house using my workstation as a base and will this allow me to connect to the net on the laptop as well as the base, although not neccesarily at the same time. If I can do this what hardware do I need?

Sebby 23:16 18 Apr 03

What you'll need is either a router (to replace the modem that you'll probably get from BT) and a wireless access point to plug into the router, OR a combined router and wireless access point.

That's all you need :-)

geezer13 00:04 19 Apr 03

So you mean something like this? click here

And then using this I can create a LAN between the two computers AND connect to the net? and also, what would the connection rate be like from the laptop, and presumably, would the desktop be hardwired to the router allowing normal full speed internet access?

Thanks for the help!!

geezer13 00:10 19 Apr 03

or this? click here

I think that what you mean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…