Question about CDRW and DVDRW

suburban train 11:15 03 Dec 06

Hi All

When using CDRWs and DVDRWs is there a way you can delete files stored on there?

I know you can add more data and make it finalised but never tried to delete from it.

Can anyone help?

mole44 11:19 03 Dec 06

just format the disk,or just right click on what you want to delete then delete it

Terry Brown 11:26 03 Dec 06

You are better off using a program like Nero 6 or 7 for DVD work as windows is restricted to CD burn.
(Correct me if I am wrong)
Terry

Fellsider 11:40 03 Dec 06

If you use InCD (within Nero) to format the disk, you can use it like any other drive, deleting single items as you wish.

Totally-braindead 12:31 03 Dec 06

I don't use either of them as I found they would become corrupt too easily. I use multisession CDRs for most things. Don't copy things you cannot replace onto rewritable disks is my advice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:39 03 Dec 06

CDRWs and DVDRWs have to use the UDF format click here to allow them to be true rewritable.

Pineman100 12:49 03 Dec 06

I agree with Totally-braindead. Rewritable optical disks are unreliable, and shouldn't be used for valuable data. Writable-only disks are so cheap that isn't worth the risk.

suburban train 13:07 03 Dec 06

thank you for your responses, it may have been seemed a silly question but if you dont know you dont know!

Totally-braindead 13:09 03 Dec 06

Its not a silly question and by all means carry on using RW disks if you wish but do not store anything on them you cannot replace.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple