A question about Cd burning -

Ms_Dial 20:22 11 Apr 05

I've recently bought an Iomega Cd burner and I wanted to know how is it possible to burn huge amounts of songs (100+) onto them. Is there some sort of compression protocol that one can follow? I appreciate your time - thank you.

stalion 20:23 11 Apr 05

if you covert the songs to mp3 you can probably get 200 on a cd

Ms_Dial 20:27 11 Apr 05

Some are mp3's that I know of, but for others how do I do that?

stalion 20:31 11 Apr 05

this one is not free so also wait for other suggestions click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:36 11 Apr 05

dBpoweramp click here see this weeks ComputerActive mag for how to use it.

Hope the FE doesn't ban me for advertising a rival mag.

interzone55 20:38 11 Apr 05

Normal audio CDs (ie like the ones bought from a shop) have a limit of 99 tracks.
For MP3 or WMA tracks you are limited only by the capacity of the disk (700, 800 or 900 MB).

For converting tracks to MP3 or WMA you will need software. Windows Media Player 10 will convert CDs to WMA format. Most software that will convert to MP3 costs money, but CD-DA X-Tractor can convert tp MP3s for free providing you download and install Lame-enc open source MP3 encoder, there's full instructions of how to do this on their web site.

Ms_Dial 20:42 11 Apr 05

I just did a *.mp3 search on my computer according to this all my sound/song files are mp3's yet whenever I burn to an 80min Cd all I can fit are between 15 - 24 songs am I doing something wrong?

MIke 21:07 11 Apr 05

You can use Windows Media Player to rip to MP3. Just change settings in options to MP3 from WMA. No need to use third party software

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 11 Apr 05

If you are using NERO to burn DO NOT select AUDIO CD select CD Iso and burn as data. Nero automatically turns mp3 to CDDA if you select audio cd.

Rember a mp3 cd will not play in an ordinary CD player.

Ms_Dial 19:45 12 Apr 05

Are you sure about that? I burnt a Cd a couple of weeks ago and have listened to it on my portable Cd player - does it mean that my WMP converted the mp3's to something else?

mole44 19:59 12 Apr 05

some cd players will play mp3 my dad has one that does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…