A Question...

Sitromxe 23:39 15 Feb 15

I have a Toshiba satellite S50t-B laptop...

Last week its screen was cracked...

After a couple hours of searching around online I came to the conclusion that the procedure for replacing the screen in earlier models of my laptop was more or less straight forward and understandably I didn't really want to pay Toshiba 250-ish dollars to do what I apparently could do myself for about 60 dollars...

However, I quickly encountered a problem...

As I understand it, earlier models of Toshiba laptop had a plastic frame bordering the screen...

The corners of this frame supposed had rubber nubs in them which, once pried away, would give one access to the screws which hold the front casing of the laptop's screen frame in place...

Unfortunately, there is no such frame in the case of the Toshiba satellite S50t-B, the entire face of the laptop is coated in a glossy glass...

So basically, I am stuck...

Any help would be appreciated...

Kind regards, Sitromxe...

daxian 00:13 16 Feb 15

hi have a look here .... click here

robin_x 00:17 16 Feb 15

Which earlier models and what exact model do you have?

S50t-B may not be specific enough. Is it 10H or 00G or other?

If you can get the screen assembly apart (ie it is not expoxied closed) and you can order the exact replacement screen, it should be doable.

Even if it is tricky, 3rd parties should be unfazed if they are any good for less than Toshiba price.

eg

click here

Have you looked for a Service Maintenance Guide pdf for it on Toshiba site?

Sitromxe 00:28 16 Feb 15

@daxian

This is one of the first things I came across that video while I was seeking resolutions for my problem online, it is a teardown of a Toshiba L50-B laptop...

It also told me exactly nothing about how to dismantle a Toshiba S50t-B laptop monitor...

Further, if you pay close attention to the video you will notice that the laptop shown in the video doesn't even have a screen, presumably because the presenter removed it beforehand for convenience...

Sitromxe 00:52 16 Feb 15

@robintheumpteenth

My laptop is a Toshiba satellite S50t-B00H...

click here the plan, replace the damaged screen with new hardware from a third party...

However, before I do that I need to figure out how to access the damaged screen, so that I can remove it and obtain the screen's model number, which should be printed on the piece of hardware in question...

So, essentially, all I need is for someone to tell me how to access the screen on a Toshiba satellite S50t-B00H...

That's

Sitromxe 00:55 16 Feb 15

@robintheumpteenth

click here the plan, replace the damaged screen with new hardware from a third party...

However, before I do that I need to figure out how to access the damaged screen, so that I can remove it and obtain the screen's model number, which should be printed on the piece of hardware in question...

So, essentially, all I need is for someone to tell me how to access the screen on a Toshiba satellite S50t-B00H...

That's

Sitromxe 01:01 16 Feb 15

The Linking function of this site apparently fucked up my original message and my attempt to restate my message properly...

So here is my reply to robintheumpteenth without the hyperlink

@robintheumpteenth

That's the plan, replace the damaged screen with new hardware from a third party...

BRYNIT 09:06 16 Feb 15

From pictures and videos on this laptop it difficult to determine how to replace the screen. If there are no screws visible it could be just clipped together.

Why not contact the company who you may purchase the replacement screen from for advice, they may have another video or technical diagram on how to do it.

daxian 11:02 16 Feb 15

@sitromxe.... sorry about the link ,i tried to post another link when i realised it was not what you needed ...but it was marked as spam and would not post ... however that link also would not have helped ...so i gave up and went to bed sorry !!!!

Sitromxe 11:34 16 Feb 15

@BRYNIT

Tested the seams around the screen after noticing some curious indentations along the boundary between the screen and the back of the laptop with precision tools...

Would not recommend...

Absolutely no new insights were gleaned, and a small crack in the outer glass of the screen was created by my fiddling...

It is relatively innocuous now, but there is no doubt that over time the cracks are going to spread outwards across my whole monitor...

So, that's fantastic...

Think I will cut my losses and keep my laptop on a nice, safe self for a while...

In the meantime, I might drop by local tech shops and ask for advice...

robin_x 12:21 16 Feb 15

I had a good hunt around last night and found nothing of help for your sp50t-b00h or even for just sp50t.

Maybe it's too new and you will have to wait for guides to get posted.

Windscreen repair kit for the small crack you just made?

Best of luck

---

I broke my first (personal) laptop screen when it was only 6 weeks old. I was very annoyed with myself.

It was fairly easy to replace but required the body of the laptop to be opened, to undo the hinges, to allow the two screen screen bezel screws to be removed. Stupid design.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…