Query re use of Drive Image software

Nosmas 14:05 04 May 03

In preparation for installing Win XP I have just purchased (from click here for good prices) Drive Image and Partition Magic. Haven't installed either yet, but reading the DI Quick Start Guide re System Requirements it says (for creating a drive image on CD without the need for separate CD burning software) the CD-R or CD-R/W drive must be MMC2 compliant. Can anyone explain what this means and how do I check if my drive (Acer CRW 2010A) is OK?

It also states that a 'high-density' floppy disk drive is required. I haven't come across that term before; do I assume most floppy drives are 'high-density'? If not how do I tell? For info my system is 4 years old.

soy 14:29 04 May 03

Hi,

I had alook on the powerquest Site for you to see compatible CD-RW drives. This is what I found: click here .

So, if your CD-RW is faster than 8X, then I think you will be ok.

'High-Density' is just a tech term used for 1.4MB floppies (most common).

There are other floppies like 'Double-density(720KB)' and 'Super-High-density (2.8MB)' but these are not commonly used.

Nosmas 21:15 04 May 03

Many thanks for the link and taking the trouble to look at the site for info. My drive is 40 x 20 x 10 (read, write and re-write) so I am well above the required write speed. Thanjs also for the info re 'High-density'.

smellycat 21:48 08 May 03

Hey up, i dont supose you know anything about digital cameras? i've a sharp MPEG 4 but no software to put on to my pc which is windows XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…