Query re file shredders

hatrickj 15:52 05 Dec 04

With them is it an all or nothing situation? I.e. you install and whatever you delete from recyle bin is truly gone forevert or can you elect that only certain files will be so treated. I ask because somewhile back I did that to several valuable ( to me that is!) photos.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:55 05 Dec 04

The items can be restored as file shredders are not that good;-))....however you are looking at £1500 for starters as this has to be done by restorative companies. If you had just deleted them from the bin there would have been a chance of recovery using 5 or 6 free programmes. You could try a system restore prior to deletion though.

Moral...there is no need for home users to use 'file-shredders', their info is NOT that important.

G

hatrickj 16:17 05 Dec 04

//items can be restored as file shredders are not that good;-))....however you are looking at £1500 for starters//

That to me is as good as saying gone for good! Wht I am asking is if one empties items from recycle bin does file shredder work automatically or does one selectt for it to work at the empty bin stage or possibly later?

Confab 19:13 05 Dec 04

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here. Are you saying you deleted some files from the recycle bin and want to get them back? If so you could try this.

click here

With file shredders you normally have to elect to shred the file ie right click on the file and shred it. The file doesn't go to the recycle bin.

Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…