query not what it is

poppy04 20:09 11 Jul 04

hi all,
i got a msg come up on my home pc windows xp home, it was a blue screen with lots and lots of numbers and at the bottom it said beginning dump of physical memory, can anyone tell me what that was and if its dangerous? some one said it could be my ram but i have only had the pc for three months and it has a 512 ram if anyone could advise plz let me know thanks all

poppy

stalion 20:11 11 Jul 04

do you have one stick of ram or two?

VoG II 20:22 11 Jul 04

Did it restart automatically? If so Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure untick the box in front of Automatically restart.

If it crashes again, you should now be able to see the error message properly. Make a note of the error message and post it here - not every single number but what follows immediately after STOP:

matt1234 20:38 11 Jul 04

try reinstalling windows

stalion 20:49 11 Jul 04

do not re-install windows you do not need to

VoG II 20:52 11 Jul 04

Agree with stalion

matt1234 20:39 12 Jul 04

well it fixed my fault i had

stalion 20:49 12 Jul 04

If you re- install it will fix the fault but it is a drastic measure to take when blue screen error messages can be resolved without re-installing.Also if you have not backed up your important data you lose it.Your advice was well meant and I am not trying to contradict you.Just wanted to wait for further info from the poster

Mister Splendid©® 21:13 12 Jul 04

Best thing to do before going so far as to reinstal Windows is to see if you let us know what the error is after the "STOP" at the top of the blue screen to see if anyone knows how to fix it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…