Query-Frame rates in games?

dagwoood 19:15 23 Aug 04

I've noticed that gamers will often quote the frame rates they are getting when playing games.

How do you know the frame rates? Is there the option in certain games to display frame rates, or is there a piece of s/w available that can do this?

I'm playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein and wandered what the frame rate was(just curious to find out, the game itself runs smoothly).

Cheers, dagwoood.

pc moron 20:05 23 Aug 04
  The Ghost of Inept Pig 20:15 23 Aug 04

If you're playing other games that don't have the option that RTCW does (pc morons link) - Fraps (click here) is a free download (with the option to purchase), that gives you the option to display your current frame rate on screen, it also allows you to take screenshots and record in-game action... It's rather good...

Must admit that I'm a long time gamer and have never really bothered with frame rates, as long as the game runs smoothly - I'm happy.

dagwoood 20:23 23 Aug 04

Pc moron, thanks for link.

The Ghost of Inept Pig, thank you for the link. I'll download it and give it try. As I said, it plays smoothly, I'm just curious as to what frame rates it's running at.

Thanks again, dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…