Query for Forum Editor (and the rest of ya!)

Ben Avery 15:36 06 Nov 03

G'day

FE - I recently read that you use PhotoImpact on a daily basis and as this is the software that I have (PhotoImpact 7) I feel you may be able to help.

Firstly lets be frank (well you can keep your own name if you like...I think I will), it is without a doubt a VERY comprehensive bit of kit. Unfortunately, the more functions it seems, the more complicated it can be to try to work things out - or is that just me?

I often find myself reverting to MSPaint to perform simple operations because I cannot work out how to do it in the vast array menu's and submenu's of PI7.

Is there a simple guide anywhere on the software that you know of?

For instance, I wanted to create a simple icon file but it seems that PI7 doesn't allow a transparent background in this regard? I find this hard to believe with such a comprehensive tool. I saved it as a gif file sucessfully with the transparent background but when I try to save as a .ico file it reverts it to white, even when I am saving from the base image.

I often find it also doesn't allow me to "draw" on the page or fill in, possibly due to layers(?), image path(?) or many other strange things.

Am I just being dumb?????

BA

mother inferior 16:11 06 Nov 03

I googled for you: click here=

This is a list of tutorials on using PI. I learned PSP7 by doing tutorials and found myself making loads of (I thought) pointless images but don't be put off - it really is a quick way to get used to using a graphics program.

I hope that helps :)

Forum Editor 22:54 06 Nov 03

that if you go to Help/smart download there will be a pdf user guide which you can download. This is a very comprehensive manual explaining everything you need to know.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of version 7 to refer to. I'm using PhotoImpactXL which is the latest version.

MichelleC 13:48 07 Nov 03

It is quite powerful and complex and I'm still finding things out about it after a year. Their support is good and have answered a day later any query.

Ben Avery 14:01 07 Nov 03

Your replies indicate that, if nothing else, I can recieve the usual assistance form here!

You are all soooo lovely!

Thank you.

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now