Query for Forum Editor (and the rest of ya!)

Ben Avery 15:36 06 Nov 03

G'day

FE - I recently read that you use PhotoImpact on a daily basis and as this is the software that I have (PhotoImpact 7) I feel you may be able to help.

Firstly lets be frank (well you can keep your own name if you like...I think I will), it is without a doubt a VERY comprehensive bit of kit. Unfortunately, the more functions it seems, the more complicated it can be to try to work things out - or is that just me?

I often find myself reverting to MSPaint to perform simple operations because I cannot work out how to do it in the vast array menu's and submenu's of PI7.

Is there a simple guide anywhere on the software that you know of?

For instance, I wanted to create a simple icon file but it seems that PI7 doesn't allow a transparent background in this regard? I find this hard to believe with such a comprehensive tool. I saved it as a gif file sucessfully with the transparent background but when I try to save as a .ico file it reverts it to white, even when I am saving from the base image.

I often find it also doesn't allow me to "draw" on the page or fill in, possibly due to layers(?), image path(?) or many other strange things.

Am I just being dumb?????

BA

mother inferior 16:11 06 Nov 03

I googled for you: click here=

This is a list of tutorials on using PI. I learned PSP7 by doing tutorials and found myself making loads of (I thought) pointless images but don't be put off - it really is a quick way to get used to using a graphics program.

I hope that helps :)

Forum Editor 22:54 06 Nov 03

that if you go to Help/smart download there will be a pdf user guide which you can download. This is a very comprehensive manual explaining everything you need to know.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of version 7 to refer to. I'm using PhotoImpactXL which is the latest version.

MichelleC 13:48 07 Nov 03

It is quite powerful and complex and I'm still finding things out about it after a year. Their support is good and have answered a day later any query.

Ben Avery 14:01 07 Nov 03

Your replies indicate that, if nothing else, I can recieve the usual assistance form here!

You are all soooo lovely!

Thank you.

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…