Query about what RAM type is suitable for my PC

maciduc 01:30 27 Jan 03

Now that i've been told that any CD-writer is compatible and someone recommended in increasing the random access memory, i was told that theres 2 types of RAM chips. Not sure what they are exactly are, but does anyone have any ideas which my computeer is compatible with?

my computer is a: -Hewlett Packard ,Model 7805 ,intel(r) Celeron(tm) processor ,GenuineIntel ,63.0 RAM

If you do happen to know what RAM type who simply where to get the right RAM chips for my PC then what website do you recommend i should buy from?

i appreciate the time,
thanks

Stuy 01:33 27 Jan 03

Try www crucial.com, I found them very good.

Djohn 01:35 27 Jan 03

click here and follow the instructions. Will tell you what to buy.

MartinT-B 09:36 27 Jan 03

There are two types of RAM now SDRAM and DDRAM

Single data rate and double data rate.

Gongoozler 09:46 27 Jan 03

maciduc, if your computer is an HP Pavilion 7805, then Crucial recommend PC100 SDRAM. If you are using Windows 98, then I would recommend 128M of ram, and no more than 256M total. click here

gimbal 09:54 27 Jan 03

I think I would be tempted to dump present 64Mgb chip and buy 2 bigger chips

click here

maciduc 16:47 27 Jan 03

i see, thanks for the responses, i did'nt really know that the RAM also depended on what system operator i had, i'm using Windows ME (millenium edition).
I really aprreciate the help, but does this system operator change the format of what RAM i am suppose to use for my PC?

thanks

maciduc 16:54 27 Jan 03

i think that gongoozler's link is very useful, but i need to make sure i'm getting the right chips.
So could my system handle two 256MB module (RAM) chips if i installed it in my PC?
Or is there a limit, and would it be actually neccessary to have so much RAM chip power?

k

thanks

Djohn 17:07 27 Jan 03

maciduc, if you click on my link above at 01-35 and use the configuration, then Crucial will guarantee you get the correct memory, or exchange, but you must use their system to identify your requirements. J.

maciduc 17:21 27 Jan 03

thanks

i'll try those recommendations :)

User-312386 17:22 27 Jan 03

i have gone to the HP site, click here and it tells you the exact specifications of your model

madboy33

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…