query about messenger

poppy1 23:33 12 Nov 03

does anyone know about msn messenger? if so could you tell how someone can chat to me even though i dont have them on my contact list anywhere, im a bit confused about that so if anyone know please tell me
from a very confused poppy

VoG II 23:38 12 Nov 03

I think that if they have your e-mail address they can invite you into a conversation.

If you right click their name you can select Block.

poppy1 23:41 12 Nov 03

ok ty vog but if my email address is not on public profile or anything how did they get it any suggestions on that

VoG II 23:43 12 Nov 03

Maybe totally randomly or using the methods that spammers use. OK, I'm out of my depth now, I'll admit it.

poppy1 23:45 12 Nov 03

huh what you mean out of your depth is it you lol

cycoze 23:49 12 Nov 03

click here How can I keep people I don't know from sending me instant messages?People who know your e-mail address can send you messages even if they are not on your contact list or on your Allow List. You can prevent this by adjusting your privacy settings.

To block messages from everyone who is not on your contact list or on your Allow List:In the Messenger main window, click the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Privacy tab.
Under My Allow List, click All others, and then click Block.
All others moves to your Block list. This forces anyone who wants to send you messages to add you to their own contact list.

poppy1 23:53 12 Nov 03

ty cycose

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…