Query about BIOS V6.00PG

sebina12 12:36 07 Feb 06

I recently upgraded my brother's PC with a new
motherboard and the bios version on there is v6.00pg.
On rebooting it, I noticed that S.M.A.R.T capability
was not enabled. I have looked through the bios
settings and cannot see where S.M.A.R.T is in any of
the menus. Does anyone know me how I can find S.M.A.R.T in V6.00PG menus. Many thanks.

Totally-braindead 12:41 07 Feb 06

What motherboard is it, make and model? And did you get a manual with it? Usually theres a big bit about the BIOS in it. If you didn't get a manual check the motherboard CD ROM as they are usually on that as well.

sebina12 12:41 07 Feb 06

My apologies for my type error. What I mean to say was: Does anyone know how I can find S.M.A.R.T in V6.00PG menus.
Sorry about that!! :D

sebina12 12:44 07 Feb 06

Gigabyte via K8M800, have looked through it's manual and through the bios section. I've heard that sometimes bios dont have smart option\ability or some motherboards are auto.

Gongoozler 12:48 07 Feb 06

Although the BIOS number is helpful, the settings will be in CMOS, and for this we need to know the motherboard make and model. The instructions for changing the CMOS settings will be in the motherboard manual. If you don't know what the motherboard is, then run Belarc Advisor click here, and this will tell you. Let us know the result and we'll see what we can do to help.

Davie_k 12:52 07 Feb 06

try the advanced bios features screen its the 2nd bottom option on it

Totally-braindead 12:54 07 Feb 06

Are you sure thats the motherboard model number as I can't find it on the website?

sebina12 12:55 07 Feb 06

Here is a link to the motherboard that we have.
click here

sebina12 13:06 07 Feb 06

I have to get going now but will get back later on. I want to thank everyone for their fast responses, thank you all so much. It's really appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…