Query about AVG ?

freaky 20:47 12 Jul 06

I have two PC's which have the free edition of AVG. Both have the same version 7.1.394.

After an update PC (A) mostly receives a message stating 'You need to restart your computer for the update to take effect'.

PC (B) does not get this message.

No serious problem, but would be interested to know why this happens. Any ideas please ?

alexgray104 20:52 12 Jul 06

PC (a) running an older OS, 98 mayb? Oh and RIP 98. Looks like Ctrl, Alt, Defeat!

ribo 20:57 12 Jul 06

Do not know if this is the answer. But if you go into the control centre. and click on update manager- properties. There are setting about starting your computer immediately etc. You could check that both computers have the same boxes ticked or unticked.
I have the pro edition,so it may be different. J

freaky 20:59 12 Jul 06

Both PC's have XP Home Edition SP2. The only difference between (A) and (B) is that (A) is older.

freaky 21:03 12 Jul 06

That is interesting, I will check it out - many thanks.

freaky 19:26 13 Jul 06

Great, that's what it was. In control centre of PC(A)the box 'update immediately' was not checked. But it was on PC(B) - now (A) updates OK immediately.

In fact I just noticed that when the Box appears stating an update is available, on the top right hand side there is Green 'Resume' which did not show before.

Many thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…