Queries - with headset & mike and display appearan

Daisy22 11:46 18 Nov 05

I have two queries:

1. I have a plantronics headset with microphone which I use for internet phone calls. I cannot get the sound to come through the headset, only through the speakers of the PC (Windows XP). Is there something I need to do - I've tried the obvious like unplugging the main speakers and plugging just the headset, still doesn't work.

2. For some reason my display seems to have altered when I use the internet. It's fine for normal PC use and whilst the internet is running, however, when I "search" or go onto outlook the display goes fuzzy and the colours change. When I minimise my IP and outlook the colours go back to normal. Any ideas please?

Daisy22 11:48 18 Nov 05

sorry I forgot to say that it's not internet searching that causes the funny screen, just using outlook

Daisy22 15:52 20 Nov 05

Has anyone got a response please?

Skyver 16:02 20 Nov 05

Can you plug the headset into something else, a walkman for example, to see if you still have no sound?
Very strange problem regarding Outlook, does your monitor screen flicker or change resolution when you load outlook? Is it a flat screen TFT or older CRT bulky job?

Stuartli 18:03 20 Nov 05

If your headset and mike has 3.5mm jackplugs you can use a 3.5mm adapter which plugs into the speakers outlet on your sound card and has a double output. Plug the speakers and headset jackplugs into the double output sockets.

Cost is about £1.50 at a local audio/visual outlet but here's exactly what I mean:

click here

I use this method with my headset (which has a volume control). I turn off the speakers and turn up the headset's volume control and reverse the sequence if I wish to use the speakers.

The headset's mike jackplug is used as normal in the soundcard but I find that I have to Mute the mike input in the Volume Control Panel for it to work with the headset (not sure why this should be so).

Daisy22 19:04 20 Nov 05

I am a beginner to all this, so sorry if the question sounds a bit daft. On my headset I have two plugs, one with a pink line and one with a black line. On the PC itself I have a socket for the pink plug, another socket which is blue and a socket which is green. In the green socket I have my speakers plugged into.

On the monitor I have two sockets one for microphone and one for hearing.

Into all this, which socket would I put the adapter which you suggest?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…