Queries about upgrading from Win98SE to XP

corc2 23:33 24 Oct 03

I know that this has probably been asked before but here goes.
I want to upgrade to XP but need advice.
1. My version of Win98SE was already installed and I don't have a disc. Can I still upgrade to XP with this type of installation?
2. Does the upgrade merely change windows files or do you need to wipe HDD first (backing up all documents first?
Any other advice appreciated.

woody 23:42 24 Oct 03

A format and full reload of xp is by far the best way.

smegs 23:45 24 Oct 03

Just what do U mean by "upgrade to XP"? Do U wnat the "Upgrade Disk" or a "Full Install" Disk? If U R buying a full install disk, then U will B able to Formatt Ur hard drive first, then Insatll Xp. If U R only Upgrading to Xp, then NO. If at anytime U need to format, U will need the 98 disks.

Djohn 01:56 25 Oct 03

Yes you can. I too thought you would need the actual CD disk, but if you read this link in full, it will explain how to do either an upgrade or a clean install of XP from your PC, even though you don't have the disk, as long as the 98se is on your system.

A clean install is best, and this can be done from the upgrade CD, but read the link fully for the way to do it. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…