Queries

maco2078 14:27 17 Apr 09

I finally got hold of a VGA lead to connect my desktop screen monitor to the tower.

I deleted as much stuff as I felt neccesary after months of not being able to access that comp and then tried to install the new AOL BB disk (the comp is Windows XP)this laptop is Windows Vista.

However, it says there is not enough memory. Do I have to purchase memory or what?

Also, I found I could access the Net via IE and I could post messages on Yahoo groups but not AOL.

Everytime I tried to sign in to get emails I was told my password was wrong and even when I reset it to another one????

Also, I tried to send photos from My Pics via email but nothing happened. In fact I didn't even see any email appear.

Im novice at all this so would genuinly appreciate some guidance as to what could be happenening and if there is anything I could do.

Clapton is God 15:09 17 Apr 09

"it says there is not enough memory"

How much memory (RAM) do you have?

"Everytime I tried to sign in to get emails I was told my password was wrong"

Sign in where?

"I tried to send photos from My Pics via email"

Send from where - webmail or an e-mail client?

Woolwell 17:51 17 Apr 09

1st problem may be due to trying to install an XP version on Vista.
Which ISP are you with?
Do you have Windows Mail or some other e-mail client set up for an e-mail account on the Vista machine or are you trying to use web-mail? It cannot send an e-mail if there isn't an account.

maco2078 17:59 17 Apr 09

1st problem may be due to trying to install an XP version on Vista.

The desk top PC is Windows XP. The disk I have for AOL wireless BB is on my Laptop which has Vista Basic.

I am assuming because I have no account on that desktop now that have uninstalled AOL it is not sending mail. I also tried to send it via Windows Live Hotmail but no go, and the Windows Mail just doesn't work on my laptop.

I have d/loaded Windows service pack 3 on the desktop now.

maco2078 18:02 17 Apr 09

"it says there is not enough memory"

How much memory (RAM) do you have? Oh Gawd, my memory lets me down. I will check next time Im on my desktop.

"Everytime I tried to sign in to get emails I was told my password was wrong"

Sign in where? AOL people connection I think. Now I am having to change my password everytime I sign on to AOL on my laptop and need to get that sorted out with them, lordloveaduck....
"I tried to send photos from My Pics via email"

Send from where - webmail or an e-mail client? email client I think? As I said I am novice.

Woolwell 18:51 17 Apr 09

I'm now confused as to whether you are using your laptop or desktop and which one has the problem or perhaps both.
Are the Pictures on your laptop?

Clapton is God 20:12 17 Apr 09

I'm also confused!

And, if you're using an e-mail client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc) why do you need to sign in?

maco2078 20:36 17 Apr 09

I am using my Laptop right now as I can actually access AOL normally apart from having to continually now change my password.

I don't know about email client???? I told you that I can access the net via IE but have limited options, for example I can get on Yahoo message boards and post to the boards but when I pop over to AOL when I give my password they are saying same as when I sign on here (laptop) that the password is wrong, therefore I am unable to sign in to post anything. I can read aol message boards but not reply to anything.

I am also wondering if I am having a problem with passwords now on both PC's due to using the modem router wireless on laptop and hardwire on Desktop?

Clapton is God 21:12 17 Apr 09

OK, I assume that you're having to use some sort of webmail service with AOL (luckily I don't use them, so I'm not familiar of their strange and peculiar way of doing things).

If there's a password issue, it's probably now time to give AOL a call and discuss the matter with them.

maco2078 22:04 17 Apr 09

Im not sure about this webmail thing.

I have emailed AOL about the password sign on (had the same issue in the past and forget how to deal with it) it's usually cheaper to email and quicker response as a rule to getting on line help with them.

maco2078 21:39 18 Apr 09

someone asked how much memory I have? It is 40mb and I need 100.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5