Quark Xpress to PDF possible?

Vulcan 14:45 07 Jul 08

I need (rather urgently!) to send a Quark Xpress document to a friend who does not have Quark. Any ideas? I did wonder if it was possible to convert to PDF... help (soon please!!)

UncleP 15:06 07 Jul 08

Yes, you need a (free) utility which adds an option to the list of printers for any application which 'prints' to a pdf file. Haven't used one for 2-3 years, so don't know what's available now, but Google 'convert output to pdf file' should give you a selection.

kalignorgna 16:20 07 Jul 08

can convert to better file then PDF dude see if it will let you convert to any office apps first, also open office has a app that i tink is compatable to Quark also i'm pritty sure that there are free apps that act the same as Quark so should be compatable to it presumabley

DieSse 16:31 07 Jul 08

Free Primopdf may be all you need.

click here

if it won't hadle quark file types directly, try making an eps file first.

DieSse 16:32 07 Jul 08

of course you can send an eps file anyway, and they'll probably be able to open it - but pdf may be a smaller file.

UncleP 02:34 08 Jul 08

The one I had was ScanSoft (now called Nuance) PDF Create! 3.0; it came in a scanner software bundle with the associated OCR program OmniPage 15. It's still around, but quite expensive if you try to buy it separately.

Primopdf should be ok - it's another pdf 'printer' utility, I believe. These don't need to know about the application file formats, as they intercept the output intended for a conventional printer and convert it into pdf.

PostScript (eps) files are, if I remember correctly, text files, and likely to be very large compared to pdf. Vulcan's recipient will be able to read the text, but to get a picture of what it represents will need either a very good imagination or a converter program (GhostScript?) to print it out.

Vulcan 18:55 08 Jul 08

Am currently looking at all these options -- thank you all for some interesting, positive and useful gen. What a team!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac