Quality of videos

bert52a 08:41 12 May 06

I'm using aol broadband gold to watch Music videos.The images don't seem to be the quality I expected.How good should they be?
When a person moves theres is interference round their edges and the fingers playing a guitar(not superfast) are blurred.Should the images be as good as tv?

martjc 08:52 12 May 06

...I mean every little thing ever created! But we all know it's not that way.
Your quality will depend on several things - your video card; your connection speed; the physical quality of your line, etc.
There won't be many instances where everything is near perfect enough to give a REALLY good video image.
Try this [assuming a BT line], Contact BT and tell them you've had problems with the internet. Ask if they can check the signal and turn up the gain on the line.
Also, download the latest drivers for your graphics card.
Finally, tell AOL about it! They use some curious software and there may be some settings that can be changed.

Good luck!!!

martjc 08:55 12 May 06

... Oh, also if you are using a firewall, sometimes this slows down images.

bert52a 09:09 12 May 06

Thanks for replies.
If Dvds play perfectly on my machine can I safely assume my video card is not causing a problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…