Quality photo printer recommendations please..

spanneress 22:20 09 Mar 04

Have to recommend a colour photo printer to a customer tomorrow. Built him a P4 about a year ago, got him some mutt's nut's software, he is a serious semi-prof photographer, has some really good kit but his domestic Epson c80-something is quite frankly not up to the job.

I saw a large blue tooth fancy looking Epson in another customer's house that I believe cost them @400 notes...the model escapes me. His budget is around the 4-500 mark.

Any of you people make any recommendations? I really can't face trawling thru' ads on the net.He wants to produce top quality A4 (can't see he would want A3) photo's...

Ithangewe.

KW2K 22:36 09 Mar 04

Hi,
I've just bought an Epson Stylus PHOTO R300 Printer and can't believe how good this printer is. I'm into producing good quality prints and this printer will blow you away..! Amazing results and only cost me £109 inc VAT. It prints out Borderless up to A4, prints onto CD's and comes with a memory card slot which takes all the usuall formats, ie CF, SM, M.Stick etc.. This comes highly recommended, although you may well be looking for something more professional, for £400+ you are looking at a different level of user, but is it worth it ?. Hope this helps.

byfordr 23:46 09 Mar 04

Try the topend canon range click here
the Bubble Jet i990 looks rather sweet - 7 seperate colour tanks

Got the 950i and its superb

R

hector 911 00:05 10 Mar 04

the epson stylus photo R800, is the new printer aimed at the professional.

with fade resistant pigments.

was roughly £410. now £269. inc vat at dabs.com

I think this is the printer you mentioned.

Forum Editor 00:17 10 Mar 04

and have nothing but praise for it when it comes to printing images.

Bebee 06:28 10 Mar 04

Another plug from me for the Canon i950 from me. Superb images.

philwane 07:44 10 Mar 04

Read the review on the new HP Photosmart 7960 its reviewed by a photographer and seems to be everything one could wish for you can read the report here click here scroll down the page to find it

Jester2K 08:04 10 Mar 04

Canon everytime.

Got an old (2 year!!) S630

Next will be a Canon i965 (or equivalent). Canon have page (click here) where you can select (or upload) an image and get it printed on a printer and posted to you to see the quality.

Blew my socks off....... I thought my S630 was good but this was....... :-O

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…