qdi m/board,200gig hdd and updating bios

mpg1965 11:55 26 Nov 05

after reading some replys on the qdi forums i have downloaded sx2ev22a.bin so my synatix2e m/board will recognise my 200gig hdd.can you please tell me how i apply this file as i aint got a clue.i also have the update for my bios from v2.0slcp to v21slcp.do i use the sx2ev22a.bin file or update the bios to get the full size of the hdd.sorry but i have no idea of how to do this so any help would be great.im using winxp pro sp1 and till now this m/board has been great and worked perfectly with everything ive plugged in it..............thanks mike

alan227 12:18 26 Nov 05

Personally if you do not know what you are doing I would advise you not to flash the BIOS, as you say the motherboard works perfectly and flashing it could leave you with a dead motherboard if you make a mistake.
If you want to give it a try I suggest you read this.

click here

mpg1965 12:46 26 Nov 05

thanks for the advice alan227 but i am willing to take the gamble as i have another m/board on standby(not the same make tho).i am unable to talk to anyone on the qdi forum as when i try to post it comes back with sorry information comes from another site.i have posted on it before but now its a joke as i cant even reregistar.any help would be good tho folks..please.........mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…