Channel 16:38 08 May 05

I've discovered QAK.exe in my Start-up folder,and can get no info on it-even from Google.I suspect it's spyware, or worse, and it, or some other bug, has disabled my Norton Antivirus from starting when I boot, although it appears in the start-up list.(I suspect the program got in with some programs I installed from a mag CD-not this one !)Can anyone give advice about it ? When i go offline now I shall scan with both Norton and Ad-Aware, and hope they'll dispose of it.

Chegs ® 17:06 08 May 05

I found a bit about it,it was included in a massive "HighJack This" log,rather than read right thru a few thousand entries,I would recommend you d/l and install HJT on your PC.If there is anything nasty,this app will find it.

click here

DieSse 17:09 08 May 05

I got 3 hits on Google from qak.exe - and it does indeed seem to be spyware, or a trojan.

So do your scans and see what happens.

Channel 22:38 08 May 05

AdAware found it, and found Ezula, and I thought deleted them.However, Norton found them still present and was unable to delete them.I've downloaded Norton's advice about manual deletion- not had time to read fully, but it seems very involved,registry changes, of which I'm dubious.I notice my Antispam (Norton ) has also been disconnected.Where do I get Highjack this ?

GroupFC 22:52 08 May 05

You can get it from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…