q media 10 inch mid tablet unlock needed

timerep 13:43 PM 21 Jan 13

hi I have a q media 10 inch mid tablet running andriod but the previous user has locked it with a screen pattern and I cant get it to work can I reset it in any way in order to get the thing working or have I got a duff one. Ive tried the paower on putton and the volume up and down at same time also the home button and but all I get is it starts up with the q media logo and then goes to screen lock. help please

Woolwell 14:08 PM 21 Jan 13

Contact the previous user and get the pattern. The previous user should have set it back to factory settings.

It is against forum rules to provide information about bypassing password protection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:46 PM 21 Jan 13

tiny reset hole/button at the back part of your tablet?

Use a paperclip and press and hold it for about 10-15 seconds.

timerep 12:46 PM 22 Jan 13

hi I have no wish to break any rules guys this is a genuine request having brought the tablet from an ebay seller who had a batch of tablets with faulty chargers got round that as they charge from a pc but i would like to reload the operating system and cant get into the android menu to do so. cant get hold of the original owner to do the patten unlock so a re installation is the only option. If I use the reset button will that bring up the android menu ? the tablet has only an on of vol up and down as buttons the rest are touch screen ones, would it be possible to boot it with an sd card. just dont know what to do here.

Woolwell 14:01 PM 22 Jan 13

Suggest that you try to return it and get a refund.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…