Pye chart

STAAKER 2000 © 00:23 23 Dec 07

Im using windows xp home edition, How do i sort out a pye chart using the m/soft works. It hasnt got access which is what i learned on all those years ago. I need it for a course im on with the work and would like it to look quite professional. I know its probably because i havent got xp pro, But surely i can get some way round it.
Thanks anyway and a cool yule to you all

Forum Editor 00:31 23 Dec 07

is that your operating system has nothing to do ewith this - Microsoft Works is an entirely separate suite of applications.

You'll need to use the Works spreadsheet program for making charts, and when you've entered your data you'll need to highlight the data that you want to illustrate as a pie chart. Next, click on Tools, and then click on 'Create New Chart' and select the Basic Options tab. That should provide you with charting options.

STAAKER 2000 © 00:32 23 Dec 07

Ta givin it a go now

DieSse 00:34 23 Dec 07

"I know its probably because i havent got xp pro"

No - nothing to do with XP Pro or Home.

What you're missing is Microsoft Office. Fortunately there's a free alternative to MS Office which contains act-alikes for Excel, Word and Access.

OpenOffice.org click here

DieSse 00:35 23 Dec 07

...and by the way it's a Pie-chart - as in "slices of a pie".

STAAKER 2000 © 00:43 23 Dec 07

Perfet mate cheers i didnt know it was so simple its just i havent needed it for so long, Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…